Making a Boot Floppy and Fixing the Root File System

Making a Boot Floppy and Fixing the Root File System

Post by David Merc » Tue, 14 Jun 1994 11:58:20

Can anybody out there provide me with detailed instructions on how to
make a floppy that I can mount as the root file system.  I guess that I
have to make a boot floppy and boot from it but when I try, I still end
up mounting my harddisk as root.

Thanks
DAve

--
|----------------------------|----------------------------------|
|  Dave Mercer, P.Eng.       |      If voting could change      |

|----------------------------|----------------------------------|

1. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root floppies.

I have a root disk that was created with rawrite.  It is the color.gz
image.  I would like to mount the root disk and make some modifications
to the disk (adding nfs server capability).

I have tried mounting with various file system types and have had no
luck.

So, how can I mount it to make these modifications, or the bigger
question, how can I easily add nfs server capability to the basic
boot/root disk combination.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

2. Calling all UNIX Masters!!! Specific Help Needed!!

3. making a boot/root floppy.....help.....

4. sniff sniff...I smell fire

5. Making boot-floppy w/ ramdisk as root

6. !!!!!!

7. Making boot and root filesystem in floppy disk

8. Has anyone compiled Mule to work under Linux?

9. making my own boot / root floppy

10. making my own installation boot/root floppies?

11. Boot + root or boot/root floppies: how??

12. Making a bootable Linux floppy with root on the floppy

13. Fix-Permissions and Root/Boot floppy scripts