***HELP:unable to compile ftptool

Post by veill.. » Sun, 23 Jan 1994 01:32:43

Hi:

I just got the ftptool sources from sunsite.unc.edu. When I compile it,
I receive these errors:

ftp.o: Undefined symbol _connect_server referenced from text segment
ftp.o: Undefined symbol _send_command referenced from text segment
ftp.o: Undefined symbol _send_command referenced from text segment
ftp.o: Undefined symbol _connect_server referenced from text segment
ftp.o: Undefined symbol _send_command referenced from text segment
ftp.o: Undefined symbol _send_command referenced from text segment
ftp.o: Undefined symbol _send_command referenced from text segment
make: *** [ftptool] Error 1

Does anyone had this before and how could I get it compile ?

Thank you in advance.

Bye.

Wayne Veilleux
Hydro-Quebec
Montreal, Canada

1. Help, Help! Unable to compile X program

-->I have successfully installed Linux operating system (including X window
-->system). Thanks for those detail guidelines in the newsgroup. However, I
-->encountered some problem when compiling a sample X window program. The
-->error messages were as following:
-->
-->     Orion:~$ cc -o sample sample.c -lX11
-->     In file included from /usr/include/X11/Xlib.h:52,
-->                      from sample.c:2
-->     /usr/include/sys/types.h:4:linux/types.h:No such file or directory
-->     Orion:~$
-->
-->I tried looking up books on X window programming, but was still unable to
-->find the source of the problem. The declaration in "types.h" header file
-->includes a file in "/linux/types.h" will seems to be the culprit.
-->Could anyone out there suggest a solution to the above mentioned problem?
-->I urgently need it to compile a lab assignment.

You need the kernel source tree too. Look in
        nic.funet.fi /pub/OS/Linus/PEOPLE/Linus
for your kernel version.

Mitch

2. Multiple Monitors on linux

3. Ftptool compiling problem

4. Redhat 6.0 compat-*.rpm How to use it ?

5. FTPtool compiling problem

6. Oracle will not be available on SCO ODT in furure

7. ftptool.4.6 compile?

8. ppcboot for fads

9. Compiling ftptool for term

10. Compiling Ftptool v4.6b4 under Linux

11. COMPILING NOW: Re: unable to compile 1.4 on 4.7-STABLE...