Comm program help (pcomm, minicom)

Post by J.C » Wed, 07 Sep 1994 01:01:03

Please help,

        I'm trying to install a comm program for linux, but keep running
into problems.  I've tried pcomm, I compiled it, ran it, and got this
error message:  'can't load /lib/libc_v2.11c'.  I don't have this file.

I've tried to download minicom a couple of times but each time I try to
uncompress it I get an error like "unexpected end of file" or some such crap.
I've been getting these programs from sunsite.unc.edu.

All I want to do is use my modem through Linux, is that asking too much??
Can anyone recommend a particular comm program for me?  Does anyone have
any idea why I'm having so much trouble (besides the fact that I'm an idiot)
Thanks for your help,

                                                J.C.

Comm program help (pcomm, minicom)

Post by Viktor T. To » Wed, 07 Sep 1994 00:33:59

[snip]

Quote:>I've tried to download minicom a couple of times but each time I try to
>uncompress it I get an error like "unexpected end of file" or some such crap.
>I've been getting these programs from sunsite.unc.edu.

Er, download... I take it you are ftp-ing minicom from sunsite to a host from
where you can zmodem or something? If so, let me ask Stupid Question #887:
have you set ftp to use binary mode?

Viktor

Post by J.C » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 09:53:56

>[snip]
>Er, download... I take it you are ftp-ing minicom from sunsite to a host from
>where you can zmodem or something? If so, let me ask Stupid Question #887:
>have you set ftp to use binary mode?
>Viktor

Yes.
                                                J.C.

Post by Zeyd M. Ben-Hal » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 14:36:44

>Please help,

>    I'm trying to install a comm program for linux, but keep running
>into problems.  I've tried pcomm, I compiled it, ran it, and got this
>error message:  'can't load /lib/libc_v2.11c'.  I don't have this file.

You'd expect this from a binary but not from something you compiled yourself.
did you link it against ncurses or BSD curses?

Zeyd

--
---

NCURSES is available from ftp.netcom.com:pub/zmbenhal/ncurses
Current version is 1.8.5

Post by S. O'Conn » Sun, 11 Sep 1994 19:02:13

>>Please help,

>>        I'm trying to install a comm program for linux, but keep running
>>into problems.  I've tried pcomm, I compiled it, ran it, and got this
>>error message:  'can't load /lib/libc_v2.11c'.  I don't have this file.
>You'd expect this from a binary but not from something you compiled yourself.
>did you link it against ncurses or BSD curses?

        On a semi-related note; I got pcomm compiled and all, but I can't
get it to find my modem! /dev/modem is /dev/cua1, kernel messages at
boot-time say it's at tty01, but no luck! I would tell you more, but I
don't know what or where to look. Arrrgghhh! E-mail preferrred...
                Thanks,
                        Irish

1. VT102 with minicom or other comm program

I frequently log into my university's system.  The problem is they use
VT102 terminal emulation, which minicom does not have(?).  I use VT100,
but have problems with the delete key.  What's my fix?  Is there another
linux communication application that will use VT102, or am I stuck?
Thanks for any help.

                 -=>end<=-
? MUD ?                               ? MUD ?
-------                               -------
?                 e-m?il:                   ?

2. enhance TFTP (incom)

3. Does anyone know of a good comm program besides minicom?

4. adding icons to X menu. How?

5. Has ANYONE gotten pcomm OR minicom to compile/run correctly?

6. Setting up an NNTP server under Linux.

7. pcomm, minicom and Solaris 2.4 !

8. Millennium II card--configX by MetroX

9. comm program to run the sz and rz programs

10. minicom or any comm. package

11. Help finding a comm program

12. help programming comm port at 115 kbps

13. help with comm. programs in Linux