Please Help

Post by max tale » Tue, 06 Sep 1994 01:19:00

Please Help;

I am installing the New Plug-and-Play Linux by Yggrasil. Here are the
results ;

1.     If I boot from FD., I see the display of LILO on my screen, and system
goes through the whole bunches of Diag. and shows me my resources and right
after that my system hangs and I'll get some kind of error which is, seems
like related to Memory Mapping. At this point the installation is stops and I
have to reboot my pc.

2.     If I try to install the OS. from the CDROM, the Batch file executed and
my system rebooted itself and hangs without doing anything.

P.S. I have Sony CDU33A.

Any Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Max

--

Please Help

Post by Viktor T. To » Tue, 06 Sep 1994 01:34:23

>Please Help;

>I am installing the New Plug-and-Play Linux by Yggrasil. Here are the
>results ;

>1.     If I boot from FD., I see the display of LILO on my screen, and system
>goes through the whole bunches of Diag. and shows me my resources and right
>after that my system hangs and I'll get some kind of error which is, seems
>like related to Memory Mapping. At this point the installation is stops and I
>have to reboot my pc.

[rest deleted]

Max (and others),

if you are asking for help here, PLEASE do not say you get 'some kind of
error'. PLEASE take the extra effort and mark down, with a pencil and a paper
if you will, the *EXACT* error message(s) you are getting (it also helps if
you mark exactly at what point during the boot sequence the errors occur). If
it takes 2-3 boot attempts to get the full text because it disappears quick,
so be it; chances are, folks who are trying to help you will spend MORE time
on YOUR problem.

But without that information, chances are that your plea for help will remain
unanswered. (After all, when was the last time that you phoned your car
mechanic and said, my car is broken, give me an estimate! without giving him
specifics on the problem?)

And while we are at it, a more descriptive subject line (e.g., 'Yggdrasil
install failure') would also help; after all, we *KNOW* that you post in
comp.os.linux.help because you need help.

Sorry if it sounds like flaming at you but wading through dozens of 'My Linux
is broken, why doesn't anybody answer my request for help?' type messages is a
bit tiresome.

Viktor

1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

Everything ran WONDERFUL for about 4 months this machine ran several
servers it is a UDB w/ 340mb SCSI (SLOW 5mb) half inch internal hard
drive.  32 megs of true parity ram, Red hat 5.0 I get the following
error

NCR53-810-0: ERROR (0:48) (0-20-0) (8/33) * scripth (868:18000400).
NCR53-810-0: Script cmd = 888030000
NCR53-810-0: regdump : da 10 80 33 47 08 00 1f 01 08 00 28 80 00 08 00
NCR53-810-0: have to clear fifos

What the HELL is this and is there anyway to fix it ?  It seems to
occur when doing file writing, when i try to tar something for example
it will go into a continual unending loop displaying the above error
message.  I have refdisked, formated, and clean installed redhat and
the problem is still there :( Please help, if at all possible mail

2. linux as IPX-router ?

3. LINUX instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!Subject: LINUX , instalation problems, PLEASE HELP !?!

4. Install and Samsung 24x Help

5. PLEASE HELP !!! PLEASE HELP !!!

6. Unix Humor web site

8. Buliding Linux system for 1st time, suggested build...

9. NFS please help me please please please sniff

10. Set-up woes, please, please, please help :(

11. please please please help me!

12. Please Please Please HELP