LILO gives weird error... out of the blue

LILO gives weird error... out of the blue

Post by David L Malo » Mon, 21 Nov 1994 18:31:00

Upon installing a second hard drive, I thought it would be best to install
LILO on the master drive, /dev/hda, but install the root filesystem and kernel
image onto the slave drive, /dev/hdb.  After recompiling the kernel for
my new filesystem, I attempted to reinstall LILO using this approach.
The error I get is :

open prompt : no such file or directory.

What gives?

Ruffin

Linux: This isn't you're father's operating system.

1. LILO gives weird errors! Prize to winner!

Since I killed my Linux system by naively doing a 'make zlilo'
when upgrading the kernel, I've been trying to put back a more
stable Image (that is, one that boots and which I have backed
up).  Using the SLS root disk to boot and mount everything,
I have been able to get nothing out of LILO except this:

"Sorry, don't know how to handle device 0x0101"

Yeah, really helpful.  Anyway, if anyone knows precisely what
is happening, I'd love to hear from you.  I'll make an offering
to the GNU Gods in your name.

cak
Geekium Rex

2. KDE compile problem

3. Recompiled Kernel gives weird socket errors -- help?

4. remove __sk_filter

5. Weird Lilo error (was Re: can't install 2.2.19 kernel)

6. unknown user send to non exist email account

7. Weird LILO error message.

8. xpmac_mga

9. lilo running is giving the following lines as error..

10. LILO gives error 0x09

11. Linux gives me an error in Lilo & Boot disk

12. Red Hat LILO gives error trying to install to MBR!!!

13. lilo give me an error 0x01???