(Q) Linux with MCA ?

Post by Timothy Murp » Sun, 30 Jan 1994 23:49:45

A friend asked if Linux would run on his PS/2 machine,
and I rashly said I thought there might be a version that did this,
since I had seen remarks in various places about MCA machines,
eg something about IRQ's,
which seemed to imply that someone somewhere had Linux running
on such machines.

Was I being over-optimistic?

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-1-2842366

1. MCA sysfs part V - update smc-mca driver (and updates to API)

This tidies up the mca driver API and places it into its own file.

The main part converts the smc-mca driver to using the sysfs probe interface
(and thus no-longer needs its entry in Space.c).  I had to rename the io and
irq parameters to be ultra_io and ultra_irq to prevent clashes.

I think this one concludes all the modifications to drivers of actual MCA
cards I have access to.

James

  mca-sysfs-V.diff
19K Download

2. POP Client for Linux

3. PATCH: mca 53c9x also needs mca-legacy

4. yet another ip masq question.

5. MCA Linux (Linux for PS/2 Microchannel)

6. DNS Help

7. AIX Universe vs Sequel Server

8. Qs re launching new Linux game.

9. Qs about Linux setup on Compaq 486 notebook

10. More Win95 --> Linux Newbie Qs

11. Beginner Linux help -- X and kernel Qs

12. DOS <-> Linux and other Qs