"libpq" library for PostgreSQL

Post by Kiran Kumar H » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:14:59

I have just installed RedHat Linux 9.0 and the PostgreSQL v7.3.2 database
that comes with the RedHat distribution on a DELL laptop. The PostgreSQL
installation seems to be missing the "libpq" 'C' API library needed for
accessing the database through C programs. I could not find the ".so" files
and the include files (.h) for "libpq" library after installing PostgreSQL
database.

I have another Linux system (v7.3) with PostgreSQL v7.1.3 installed. This
has the libpq 'C' API library with it. Why isn't this available with RedHat
Linux 9.0 distribution ?

Please help me/give me pointers in installing the "libpq" 'C' API library
for PostgreSQL that comes with the RedHat Linux 9.0 distribution.

Thanks,

Kiran

"libpq" library for PostgreSQL

Post by Eric Lee Gree » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 06:26:53

Quote:> Please help me/give me pointers in installing the "libpq" 'C' API library
> for PostgreSQL that comes with the RedHat Linux 9.0 distribution.

It's in the postgres-devel package. Just open up the package manager and
install it. I forget which disk it's on, but it's in there.

--

Unix/Linux/Storage Software Engineer needs job --
see http://badtux.org for resume