My new bootdisk doesn't check extfs2 correctly, Help?

My new bootdisk doesn't check extfs2 correctly, Help?

Post by Robert Wesley Bingl » Sun, 26 Dec 1993 00:00:26

Hey,
        I am having a bit of trouble with a new boot disk I made with
slackware v1.1.1.  I boot up just using my floppy drive.  The standard
boot floppy has be working without trouble.  I have recompiled the kernel
to use sound, and make a new boot disk.
        The trouble is that the new kernel doesn't recognize the extfs2
clean bit correctly.  At every bootup it says that the fs is not clean and
it goes through a lengthy check.  The fs is in fact clean b/c if I use
the old floppy it reports that is is fine(no check).
        Does anyone know what's wrong?
Thanks,
Rob

1. Liniux doesn't recognize my serial ports correctly-HELP!!!

I have 4 ports on my linux machine...linux recognizes the first 2 correctly,
but doesn't recognize com3's irq correctly...says it is 4 like com1 and doesn't
recognize com4 at all...I tried setserial..but that locked the machine....

Brian Kramer-Computer Science & Mathematics-Rutgers University

SySop:NJ Computer Connection BBS (609)895-0398 - njcc.wisdom.bubble.org

2. VOIP software

3. help me~ my cron doesn't work correctly.

4. I can't run Moo-Tiff

5. HELP: sendmail 8.8.2 doesn't work correctly

6. X 3.3.3.1 is the must-upgrade!

7. HELP /etc/resolv.conf doesn't work correctly...

8. Video Blaster? WebCam

9. Help! Tcsh doesn't work correctly

10. Help! Bootdisk doesn't do anything

11. Help!!! The bootdisk doesn't work

12. 2.3 install check script doesn't check

13. Solaris 2's makewhatis doesn't handle Perl manpages correctly