Linux driver for Philips/LMS 205 CD-ROM drive

Linux driver for Philips/LMS 205 CD-ROM drive

Post by Steve Smith, Logica U » Fri, 25 Mar 1994 04:52:13

Title says it all.  Does a driver exist for the LMS 205 propriety interface
CD-ROM drive.  I have this drive currently working under DOS, WIN and OS/2
but have not seen a driver for Linux.  Is one out there.

Please reply directly also.

Thanks,

Post by j.. » Thu, 31 Mar 1994 19:50:45

: Title says it all.  Does a driver exist for the LMS 205 propriety interface
: CD-ROM drive.  I have this drive currently working under DOS, WIN and OS/2
: but have not seen a driver for Linux.  Is one out there.

: Please reply directly also.

Hi.  I have the same problem.  I'd heard that the Yggdrasil release has
an untested version of the driver somewhere for this drive.  I'll look
around for it on my disks and see if I can find it.  The Linux Toolkit
CDROM has it I think.

Let me know if you find anything else - I tried mailing you separately
but couldn't find your e-mail address anywhere...

"Most of what passed between them was      | Jay Vaughan, Digital Engineer

studied indirection of the terminally   | Member of Spiral Arm Systems
cool." - John Shirley, "FreeZone"        | Elite Technical Corp. (etc, etc...)
Secure lines to Spiral Arm Systems exist through the use of PGP. Mail for p-key.