Need help with linx/os2/dos partion

Post by Cox Dennis Jam » Tue, 14 Jun 1994 16:54:34

Okay... Here's the deal.. I've had a machine with Linux installed it worked
great
I've had a machine with OS/2 2.1 installed it worked great..
And you guessed it I've had a machine with DOS 6.2 installed...
     I have a 212 HD How should I spilt the partions.... I've read the
howto's   and linux needs a 8 meg swap (min.) I figured to run OS2 and DOS
on fat file systems... and use os/2's boot mananger to do that stuff...
but what in y'alls opinion would be the ideal setup....

P.S which linux is the Best and why in your opinion....
  Thanks in advance
    Dennis Cox

Also please no flames like A 212 linux partion... I don't care

1. Re-partioning & Re-partioning & Re-partioning & Re-partioning

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:25:08 GMT, Matthew Planchant

What does fdisk or cfdisk say about the partition table layout?

The amount of mounted usable space will vary depending on how the
filesystems are initialized, since the filesystem overhead will vary.

Best regards, Paul

Paul Sherwin Consulting     22 Monmouth Road, Oxford OX1 4TD, UK
Phone  +44 (0)1865 721438   http://www.psherwin.strayduck.com

2. LINUX INSTALL WOES

3. DOS, OS2, os2 bootmanager, linux native and linux swap in one d

4. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 6 of 6)

5. DOS, OS2, os2 bootmanager, linux native and linux swap in one drive

6. C&T65535 chipset

7. Need BOOTMANAGER for DOS/win , OS2, LINUX

8. somethign in RH 7.2 is denying connections

9. disk partions (iI am installing 3 OS'es, need > then 4 partions)

10. Partioning nightmare on DOS/WIN98 drive - Need advice

11. Help with linux, dos, and os2 using lilo or os/2 boot manager.

12. OS2 DOS LINUX 1 HD HELP!!

13. OS2 dos linux 1 HD help!!