TMC 850 TIMEOUT on BOOT, SCSI , Uses Seagate driver

Post by Gary Paul Gortmak » Mon, 03 Oct 1994 12:19:18

>I am trying to configure the Seagate.c SCSI device driver for a FUTURE Domain
>TMC 850 adapter.  The kernel wedges when booting. The setup is:
>TAG: "IBM F1 BIOS V1.1004/30/92U"
>The controller is found, and the drive, but it wedges.
>80486 50mhz
>2 ide drives, 1 controller
>TMC 850,  no IRQ used, CA000

           ^^^^^^^^^^^
...as it says in the SCSI-HOWTO, you need to have an IRQ for the ST-0X driver
Also note the other concerns mentioned for a tmc-850 in the HOWTO.

Paul.

Post by Geor » Mon, 03 Oct 1994 01:54:41

I am trying to configure the Seagate.c SCSI device driver for a FUTURE Domain
TMC 850 adapter.  The kernel wedges when booting. The setup is:

TAG: "IBM F1 BIOS V1.1004/30/92U"

The controller is found, and the drive, but it wedges.

80486 50mhz
2 ide drives, 1 controller
TMC 850,  no IRQ used, CA000
3COM 503

The message is:
SCSIO: Seagate ST-01/ST-02
SCSI:  1 HOSTS
Vendor: MAXTOR Model: 7345-SCSI REV: 1E65
TYPE:   Direct-Access   Ansi SCSI Revision: 01 CCS
.
.
.
Parition Check:
SCSI host 0 timed out - aborting command
( WEDGE)

I any one has any suggestions or can help me with this problem, please
post a/o email.

ghharrac#ouray.denver.colorado.edu

1. Future Domain TMC-850 and seagate.o

I'm trying to get a Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI adaptor
working. I get the "Device or resource busy" error you
generally see with a resource conflict. I'm at loss to
explain this. The SCSI-HOWTO says that the seagate module
assumes IRQ 5 and probes for memory. The card is jumpered
for IRQ 5 and base address of 0xce000. I also explicitly
tried:

  tmc8xx=0xce000,5

at boot time and still get the same complaint.

Why, O, why?

I'm also a little unclear about the relationship between
these addresses and the /proc/ioports stuff. Are these the
same animal? If so, how does one map addresses of the order
of 0xc8000 onto things round 0300 such as is found there?

--

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of
a dog, it's too dark to read."

2. Browser ID patch for CERN HTTPD

3. SCSI Problem solved, TMC-850

4. Printing EUC Code

5. Yggdrasil summer '94, TMC-850 SCSI

6. How can I peek named pipe (fifo) under Linux?

7. Help, Future Domain SCSI TMC-850 NOT WORK!

8. Which XWin98 to use?

9. Linux, SCSI CD-ROM, and Future Domain tmc-850 problems

10. Future Domain TMC-850 scsi card

11. Linux & Future Domain SCSI card TMC-850

12. SCSI: TMC-850

13. Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI Adapter