Help on TERM

Post by Name withheld by reque » Mon, 07 Feb 1994 12:23:46

I am trying to open multiple screens using term. After running the
following procedures :-
     1) Run term from remote login.
     2) Drop out of the comn program.
     3) Typed in "term < /dev/modem > /dev/modem" from my local
        shell.
     4) Executing "trsh"
time out appears. Can anyone help me with this problem? A

Thank You.

1. Term: Failed to connect to term socket... HELP!

After reading the relevant docs (Term.HOWTO, INSTALL, README, etc.),
I can't find a solution to this problem. After a semi-successful
installation of Term 2.3.5 under Linux (1.2.9), during 'termtest'
or while running term on the remote computer and local one,
trsh and tdownload work fine. However, tupload complains as follows:

   Term: Failed to connect to term socket `/root/.term/socket'.

I am running term in protected/private mode.
When term is run as a user instead of root, the same failure occurs,
with tupload looking for `$HOME/.term/socket', but unable to connect.
The socket itself is there (as root or user), and changing its permissions
didn't help. An older verion of term/tupload worked on my system, but I
need the new term working with the new kernel to make use of the
termutils package (termified Netscape, etc.).

What silly thing am I doing wrong or forgetting?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

-Joe

2. Installing Mutt from source - Solaris 8

3. terms emulating terms? help!

4. kernel BUG at net/core/skbuff.c:1028!

5. TERM: best way to send/receive mail over term?

6. HDLC patch for 2.5.5 (2/3)

7. Failed to connect to term socket '/home/sjw/.term/socket

8. Red Hat 6.0 Installation problem

9. txconn hangs term link [term-2.0h]

10. Sun to Linux via term, NOGO: term < /dev/ttyb > /dev/ttyb,

11. Best linux-unix link, pppd-slirp or term-term?

12. ftpd-term - ftp daemon for term

13. Smart-term vs. x-term