linux on a DX4-100?

Post by Hung-Chou T » Sun, 05 Jun 1994 13:09:27

Hi,

I heard that there's a problem with linux on a DX4-100.  There is
sometiming problem with some motherboards.  Is that true?  Is
there a kernel or patched boot-kernel that I can get to install
linux with?  If so, where can I get it?

Thanks!
Hung-Chou
--
Hung-Chou Tai

1. Linux hates AMD DX4-100 & ASUS PVI-486 SP3?

Phil,

        I have heard from various sources about the BIOS not being able to recognise the AMD CPU. A BIOS upgrade was suggested which is available from the ASUS site in Taiwan, the name of which eludes me right now. The other point that was raised is that the AMD CPU should not be setup as a power saving CPU, so in effect tell the system that it is not a SL type CPU. Hope this helps,

Chris

2. network dual-head software src available ?

3. Sparc1+ v. DX4-100 Linux

4. Virtual Reality Modeling Language (Virtual Reality)

5. linux on Dell Latitude XP DX4-100 TFT

6. to be connected or not to be connected...

7. ASUS SP3G and AMD DX4-100 ???

8. Bourne sh ?

9. AMD DX4/120 vs. INTEL DX4/100

10. RedHat 6.1 / Gnome /Enlightenment dx4-100

11. AMD DX4-100 , HOT-433 PCI/ISA main board, can't boot

12. AMD DX4-100 will not reboot

13. How many bogomips w/AMD DX4-100