slip & network address

Post by Wenpeng » Fri, 26 Aug 1994 00:35:04

   I use slip to connect my machine to network (each time, I get a different
address), so, I change the local address in /etc/hosts,  the problem is that
I cann't rlogin any other machines even itself, except $remote,  this means
I can not use Mosaic to access any www servers even the local server.

  Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

1. slip & network address

Hi,

   I use slip to connect my machine to network (each time, I get a different
address), so, I change the local address in /etc/hosts,  the problem is that
I cann't rlogin any other machines even itself, except $remote,  this means
I can not use Mosaic to access any www servers even the local server.

  Do you have any suggestions?

thanks

2. Rsh and .kshrc question

3. network address for slip server?

4. Running to nohup?

5. SLIP config for ANNEX & dynamic Ip addressing

6. Backspace *beeping* at me!

7. Network-to-network PPP with same network portion of IP address

8. Need FAQ

9. Networking with Ethernet & SLIP

10. Local network & SLIP

11. Linux machine need local network & internet IP address?

12. network load balancing & multicast mac-address

13. Linux machine need local network & internet IP address?