1. Remapping Keys (want delete key to delete etc!)
I would have thought linux being Intel based that the keyboard mappings would
work "correctly". I have 4 linux books and none help me in this.
I have created a ".input.rc" which gets my full screen bash shell working much
better with home, end and delete keys working (I was following a poor example
without any explanations). This stuffs up or does not work correctly in
xwindows, xterm etc.
Can I up the keyboard repeat rate from the current snails pace?
Surely I can download something from somewhere or get information on the
mapping of keys to "normal" PC mappings. Unless linux wants to only attract
unix people it would seem to me that it will need to correct this problem....
Thanks for any help,
- Contains heaps of my own FREE software (OS/2, Windows, DOS & Linux):
* PPWIZARD (HTML/REXX/generic preprocessor - #define, #include, #import, #if)
Powerful macros, programmable, import SQL, auto tag examples, Text to HTML, template/style sheet design.
You WILL NOT find an easier to use or more powerful preprocessor than PPWIZARD.
Tested on OS/2, Windows, DOS & Linux (probably any Unix OK - if not help me make it so).
* Icon for single OS/2 archive on following boot (also auto archive every 'x' days).
* REXX "compiler" - Many options, compresses, encrypts (no one can see/modify source).
* Program manipulation by Window or Switch list title (with wildcards)
* Prevent a floppy in boot drive stopping boot off hard disk.
* Heaps more...
- Some source code and programmers links. Regina Information (including porting from OS/2)
* Pure REXX code for CRC16 & CRC32 routines.
- Heaps of COMMENTED OS/2, HTML, Java and other links
2. Device permissions problem
3. Disabling Power down Scroll Lock hot key OR how to remap keys
4. merge/windows311 on the ODT5.04
5. How to disable or remap ctrl-z key (suspend)
6. Electronic Commerce and Security Applications
7. remapping "fn" and "ctrl" keys
8. automatic FTP w/cron & unknown subdirs
9. Function of Keys ALT-CTRL key combinations
10. Need keyboard with <CTRL> key next to <A> key.
11. How do I map Compose key to a ctrl-key combo?
12. can i remap some keys on keyboard? key(for window start button) with ctrl key?
13. how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?