UltraStor 24F driver.

Post by fr.. » Sat, 21 Aug 1993 21:28:12

 Configuration:

 GW2K- 66E
 UltraStor 24F EISA SCSI
 Seagate 3600 500-meg disk
 8 meg ram
 101-keyboard
 1572f 15" monitor ATI ultra pro w/1 meg Video ram
 intel satisfaction 400 internal fax/modem
 laserjet 4* off parallel port
 scanjet IIc w/its "little" controller card. I think its pseudo SCSI.

 Description of problem:

 I grabbed Caleb Epstein/John Carr's UltraStor 24F patched image to ALPHA-pl11
and put it onto the Slackware 1.01 a1 disk. (I had to move a couple of files off
onto a 5 1/4" dos floppy then mount it and create links to the files. - floppy
disk space problems). This worked fine cause it now sees the 24F. I created the
fs (mke2fs) on /dev/sda2 and also created two 16-meg swap partitions (/dev/sda3,
/dev/sda4). This too worked fine. I then popped in a2 and started doinstall /dev/sda2.

Now the fun begins, a2 loaded in fine, NO PROBLEMS. I then put in a3 and hit return.
It stated loading in files ok, but....then the disk locked up, the led stayed on, and
the device driver spewed out about a dozen lines of info. It began with:

  SCSI host 0 timed out - aborting comand 0a
  06m: 0:5f280 ICM 0:5f280
  ultrastor ports: abort 4
                    .
                    .
                    .
                   abort 0

This went on about 3-4 more times before I decided to seek help.
The first time I enabled both swap partitions, the second neither swap partition,
the third time the turbo button switched to 33Mhz from its original 66Mhz, the fourth
time I booted dos/windoze ok then tried doinstall again from a booted a1, same problem.

Description of solution:

HELP! HELP! HELP!

Is there a solution to this problem besides buying another controller such as adaptec?
That is NOT an option, I must work with this 24F!

 At this point, I AM DESPERATE FOR HELP! I need a patched image from someone/somewhere.

  Thanks,

  Bob.

1. Ultrastor 24f driver probs (v1.11)

Compiled the latest Ultrastor 24f driver (Version 1.11) with linux
pl13. Compiled first time. Appears to be OK however there as still
problems when using a SCSI Archive viper 150S tape drive. When writing
to the tape drive everything is OK. reading from the tape drive causes
the machine to hang after some prolonged (5-10 mins) usage. The
problem seems to be very intermittent. The driver does not spew out
any error messages like the older versions did.

This new driver is supposed to work OK with tape drives but does not
appear to be reliable all the time. The same problem seems to exists
as with the older drivers. Any suggestions ?

Cheers

Dawood

2. lilo and w95

3. UltraStor 24F driver for ALPHA-pl11 available

4. What A stupid WindowsNT/95!! HELP!!

5. UltraStor 24F driver.

6. Mandrake 7.0 install script loops unless one yanks out SCSI card

7. Ultrastor 22f (esdi card) confuses Ultrastor 24f (scsi card) drivers

8. url selection

9. ULTRASTOR 24F EISA SCSI driver ?

10. Linux driver for Ultrastor 24F SCSI controller ?

11. ULTRASTOR 24F EISA SCSI driver ?

12. Ultrastor 24F SCSI resets on Linux 1.1.xx

13. the Ultrastor 24F, partitions and swap.