Making a Slackware Bootdisk

Post by Patrick McCormic » Sat, 04 Mar 1995 08:05:28

I would like to run Slackware so I can install Linux on my Zeos
Pantera 90. The problem is that my AMD SCSI chip is not recognized by
any standard kernel drivers. I'm working right now with an alpha
driver to make a kernel that will recognize my hard drives. All I do
now is make zImage on a friend's machine, ftp the zimage to my PC,
rawrite the zimage to a floppy, and boot. No problem there.

If I manage to make a bootdisk that works (recognizes my hard drives),
how can I use it to install Slackware? Do I have to do something to
make it a Slackware bootdisk, or can I just put in my home-made
bootdisk, then put in the Slackware rootdisk?

Thanks,

Pat McCormick

(please do not reply to the constitution address above, thanks.)

1. Making a Bootdisk for Slackware from scratch

I have been trying to make a bootdisk that can operate with the
slackware root disks and i am running into trouble. I get it as far as

RAMDISK: Loading 1440 blocks into ramdisk..

then as soon as it gets to the part where it would actualy mount the
filesystem it gives me the standard kernel panic: unable to mount root error
What I am wondering is if anyone has an idea where i can get some docs or a
clue on how to make these bootdisks work :-)

thanks for any help.

-Rich
--
Rich Nuttle           || Computer Science, Southern Il. Univ - Carbondale

2. Thinkpad 760C with Linux?

3. Making Slackware Bootdisk.

4. disk types that can put in A5100

5. Slackware bootdisk boots but Linux bootdisk won't!

6. X hangs on Cirrus Logic 5434

7. Slackware 3.3, Slackware 3.4, SC875, n_53c8xx.s bootdisk

8. XTerm app-defaults keymaps

9. What makes Slackware well Slackware

10. Making Bootdisk?

11. Making bootdisks with lilo