Changes to INN 1.4 for Linux?

Post by Bill McKinnon ' » Thu, 04 Aug 1994 02:59:32

   Hello all.  I have heard that there are some changes that must be made
when configuring INN 1.4 to run under Linux.  Apparently one such change
is to replace all instances of PPID with PARENTPID in the nntpsend
script.  Are there others?  I am trying to get net news configured and
working properly on what is now a Slackware 1.2.0 machine, using the
binary distribution of INN 1.4 for Linux.  Any help would be
appreciated...thanks!

                                                Bill
--
Bill McKinnon                        Senior Information Technology Assistant

Changes to INN 1.4 for Linux?

Post by Frank Strau » Sat, 06 Aug 1994 04:04:30

Quote:>   Hello all.  I have heard that there are some changes that must be made
>when configuring INN 1.4 to run under Linux.  Apparently one such change
>is to replace all instances of PPID with PARENTPID in the nntpsend
>script.  Are there others?  I am trying to get net news configured and
>working properly on what is now a Slackware 1.2.0 machine, using the
>binary distribution of INN 1.4 for Linux.  Any help would be
>appreciated...thanks!

The scanning of "df ." output didn't match my situation correctly, since
my /usr/spool/news doesn't reside on its own partition. Grep for "df ."
to find potential locations. I got the problem in sendbatch.

        Frank

--

1. Changes to INN 1.4 for Linux?

   Hello all.  Sorry for the recent flurry of test posts...at the time I
had no access to any of the test groups.  I have finally gotten news
configured correctly (it appears) and so I thought I'd post and let other
people who are trying to get the binary distribution of INN 1.4 that
comes with Slackware 1.2.0 and 2.0 know that it does in fact work.  No
other Linux-specific changes were necessary to get it to run other than
the changing of PPID variable to PARENTPID in the nntpsend script.

                                                Bill

--
Bill McKinnon                        Senior Information Technology Assistant

2. PPP with Linux, a question and a problem

3. Linux (Slackware 1.1.1 0.99.14) + INN 1.4 - Need config.data copy!

4. 2.5.73 zlib #1 memmove

5. Linux 1.1.52 breaks INN 1.4

6. Threads and spawning external programs

7. Linux 1.2.5 and INN 1.4

8. No Telnet or Quake!

9. New improved INN 1.4 for Linux package available

10. INN 1.4 on Linux

11. problems with INN 1.4 on Linux -- bad file number

12. INN 1.4 Under Linux?

13. INN 1.4 for Linux: patch + config kit available