Email: Difference between 'sender' and 'from'?

Email: Difference between 'sender' and 'from'?

Post by Darren Enn » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 11:45:45

I am having some trouble with an automatic email list that I
have subscribed to.  It correctly uses my ISP email address
as the 'from' address, but (I think) may be getting confused
about the 'sender' email address -- it may be using 'root'
(which I use for my Linux sessions) and then appending an
automatic domain corresponding to the email list server.

I would rather *not* stop using my 'root' loginid just for
the sake of this email list, since all my other email works
just fine -- but this new twist confuses me!

Help!

Dare
--
Darren Enns

HTTP:  members.home.net/dmenns

1. Difference between 'startx', 'xdm', and 'xinit' ?

Hi, I have just installed Debian and installed several xwindow servers
not knowing which one I should install.  The one that seems to be
defaulted is XF86...something(i'm at work and can not remeber exactly
what) , however it said when I configured it(incorrectly of  course)
that I could start xwindows by typing one fo the three commands
above(subject line).

What is the difference between them ? And does anyone suggest an xserver
that I should be using ?

I have a Sony Trinitron 17"(Dell manufactured), Diamond Fire GL 100 Pro
with 8MB.  Also, if anyone could send me a config file to get me started
I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks,

Carey

  Carey_Bingham.vcf
< 1K Download

2. TEST REPORT(Re: Performance Test of Linux)

3. What're '!'and'%' in email address

4. SB 32PnP Problem

5. differences between ``nv'' and ``nvidia'' X401 drivers?

6. How to setup named to let two names relate to different ports on thew same machine

7. What is the difference between 'login: root' and 'su -' ?

8. Q: Installing RedHat on WinNT box?

9. Difference between 'copy' and 'lp'

10. What is the difference between 'login: root' and 'su -' ?

11. Difference between 'Mail' and 'mail'?

12. difference 'LABEL=/' and '/dev/hda1' in fstab??

13. ipfwadm: difference between 'reject' and 'deny' commands?