Post install problems

Post by Eduneti » Fri, 06 May 1994 19:18:32

    As a newbie in the Linux world I have a couple of problems I can't
resolve.
    I have installed slackware 1.2.0 (sets A, N, D, and X*) and a couple
of things simply refuse to work.
    The most annoying problem is that the 'cat' command doesn't exist on
the install system. I looked in all the packages that come in set A and I
found it nowhere. Without th 'cat' command, I can't use the 'install' and
'pkgtool' programs to install other sets of the distribution.
    The second problem I have incountered after the installation is that
many manual pages are missing (for basic commands like ls, mount, umount,
grep and man itelf), what did I do wrong in the installation that the man
pages are missing (all the packages in the sets written above were
installed, no one was canceled)?
    The last problem I have is that X doesn't start. after renaming the
Xconfig.trident8900c file to Xconfig it still says that I have no screen
defined (or something of this sort), why?

1. SDK post-install problems

Hello people,
Well, this should be going a lot smoother than this. I've just gone
through the procedure to install Solaris SDK on v2.5 x86. When I attempt
the following, per page 31 of the "SDK Installation Guide":
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

it comes back and tells me:
setenv: file not found

ok, so I surmise I must use the C-shell, so I type:
csh
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/openwin/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Now it tells me
LD_LIBRARY_PATH: undefined variable

C'mon, I thought this was defining it. If not, what's going on? I
followed the install procedure to the "t".

Thank you,
Craig

Name:   Craig Cullum, Engineering Technologist

Vox:    United States: 608 838 4194 or 4197 (ext.128)
Fax:    United States: 608 838 8367

Lottery: A tax on people who are not good at math. (sorry, source
unknown)

2. Compiling Problem!

3. Post Install Problems!!!

4. Dynamic DNS?

5. Post install problem

6. Sun keyboard

7. Linux Post-Install Problems

8. Wanted: Network Diagram Utility

9. Post-Install Problem

10. >> HELP! 2.1.6-RELEASE Post-install Problems! <<

11. Man Pages Install Post Solaris 8 Install

12. Form posting problem and post data issue

13. Installing optional software from jumpstart post install script