Slackware give me segmentation fault when running tex/latex

Slackware give me segmentation fault when running tex/latex

Post by Steven Singlet » Mon, 17 Jan 1994 11:28:40

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help
Subject: Slackware tex,*keeps giving segmentation fault

Hi all you unix gurus.

I just got my feet wet with the Slackware distribution with only one
problem.  Everytime I try to run any of the executables associated
with the tex series, I get a segmentation fault.  I have the current
disks from ftp.cdrom.com (T1-T3) and everything that comes with the
std. distribution.  Any help would be appreciated.  (linux .99p14),
nothing special in the kernel.

|  University of Denver                |  when I don't know what I'm |
|  Department of Chemistry             |  doing.....                 |
|  Denver, Colorado, 80208             |              - W. von Braun |

1. TeX from Slackware: Segmentation Fault

I have a 486/33 running Linux 1.0.9 from the Slackware disks currently
available at sunsite.  Problem: upon start-up, both TeX and LaTeX seg
fault immediately.  (This is whether or not I supply files to process
on the command line.)  I had them dump core, but the programs are
compiled without debugging information, so I can't provide a stack
trace either.

Suggestions and solutions appreciated.  Thanks.

2. File system Full???

3. NTeX for Slackware 3.0 gives segmentation faults

4. linux installation

5. doc on Slackware 1.1.1 gives segmentation fault!

6. (some) lines disappearing from bash history

7. Trying to run setup gives Segmentation Fault

8. Using make on RedHat and YDL 2.2

9. kvt gives segmentation fault when run by anyone other than root

10. latex segmentation fault

11. LaTeX segmentation fault

12. Slackware 1.2.0 and TeX/LaTeX

13. Problems with Current Slackware TeX/LateX