pls tell me step by step let linux support windows2000's NTFS,thanks!

Post by wang tian » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:34:47

pls tell me step by step let linux support windows2000's NTFS,thanks!
and i use mandrake8.1

thanks a lot!

pls tell me step by step let linux support windows2000's NTFS,thanks!

Post by Todd » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:21:57

Suggest you read HOWTO or manual pages on mounting volumes.

You cannot write to an NTFS partition either.  Microsoft will not allow it..
they want their monopoly.

Quote:> pls tell me step by step let linux support windows2000's NTFS,thanks!

Post by Yottabyt » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:48:09

> Suggest you read HOWTO or manual pages on mounting volumes.

> You cannot write to an NTFS partition either.  Microsoft will not allow
> it.. they want their monopoly.

>> pls tell me step by step let linux support windows2000's NTFS,thanks!
>> and i use mandrake8.1

>> thanks a lot!

I thought I saw a kernel config option that said 'allow writing to NTFS
(DANGORUS)'

--

Ask permission before sending files larger 128 KB via email.

1. Is it possible to install Linux step-by-step (without a distribution-specific setup utility)?

Hello,

finally I bought my first Linux-Distribution (Suse 6.2 [german
edition/Intel]) last week, so I'm a real newbie in the
Unix/Linux-environment.

I had no problems with the installation - of course not, because YAST does
the whole configuration, etc. On the other hand I don't understand, what's
going on inside my PC and that's what I want to know.

My question:

Is it possible to install Linux without a distribution-specific setup
utility (e.g. DOS-like: booting from floppy - fdisk the hd - copy the
fundamental files - configure lilo and the basic system - ...)?

Do you know a web site that describes the whole process?

Thanks for your help, D.

2. Patches not installed

3. Is there a step-by-step guide to networking win9x to linux?

4. Determine process memory usage from crash dumps in solaris

5. Step-by step to install Linux RH7 and Win98.

6. emails

7. Step by step in installing red hat linux 6.0

8. /kernel: bt: unit number (1) too high

9. Installation step by step for dumbys :)

10. one step forward, two steps back

11. Securing Solaris (HELP ME)Step by Step?????????

12. Step by Step Documentation??

13. Step-by-step instructions to set up 2 computer home network?