gtk+ wont install because of glib

Post by Woldema » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

first, when you install glib:

./configure --with-prefix=/usr

Quote:> Hi,
> I installed glib successfully, but now gtk+ won't install. When I run
> configure, the error is:

> checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
> checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
> the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly
> installed
> *** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter case,
> you
> *** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/bin/glib-config

> I can see that glib-config is there, because a glib-config usage text
> appears when it tries to find glib-config. I looked at the config.log, but I
> don't know what it means. It's attatched to this message. Anybody know why
> gtk+ wont install?
> Thanks

>                     Name: Config.log
>    Config.log       Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                 Encoding: x-uuencode

gtk+ wont install because of glib

Post by Walter B. Burk » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

did you run ldconfig after installing glib?

>first, when you install glib:

>./configure --with-prefix=/usr

>> Hi,
>> I installed glib successfully, but now gtk+ won't install. When I run
>> configure, the error is:

>> checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
>> checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
>> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
>> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for
>> the
>> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly
>> installed
>> *** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter
case,
>> you
>> *** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/bin/glib-config

>> I can see that glib-config is there, because a glib-config usage text
>> appears when it tries to find glib-config. I looked at the config.log,
but I
>> don't know what it means. It's attatched to this message. Anybody know
why
>> gtk+ wont install?
>> Thanks

>>                     Name: Config.log
>>    Config.log       Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>>                 Encoding: x-uuencode

1. gtk+ wont install because of glib

Hi,
I installed glib 1.2.0 successfully, but now gtk+ won't install. When I run
configure, the error is:

checking for glib-config... /usr/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter case,
you
*** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/bin/glib-config

I can see that glib-config is there, because a glib-config usage text
appears when it tries to find glib-config. I looked at the config.log, but
I don't know what it means. Here it is:

configure:4608: checking for glib-config
configure:4643: checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0
configure:4742: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -Wall    conftest.c   1>&5
In file included from configure:4668:
/usr/local/include/glib.h:66: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory
configure: failed program was:
#line 4666 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <glib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

Anybody know why I can't install gtk+?
Thanks

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

2. Make regex more effective

3. Encrypted file system without initial password:

4. Yggdrasil/PAS16/SCSI HELP!

5. HELP, getting a .htpasswd is not a valid file error

6. Compile/Install problem with glib-1.2.10 and gtk+1.2.10

7. Trouble installing GLIB and GTK+

8. How to install gtk+ and glib in Redhat 5.0

9. Can't install glib and gtk 1.2.1

10. Installing GTK+/glib