FTAPE Problems: ECC-Failure in Segment >= 4

FTAPE Problems: ECC-Failure in Segment >= 4

Post by Sven Bil » Tue, 03 May 1994 18:25:00

Hi Folks !

I have some trouble using the QIC-80 tape driver on my Linux-Box.
Using preformatted tapes I can only read the first three segments w/o
errors. In segment four I have uncorrectable ECC-failures on _all_ tapes.
This does not change when I try several formatting programs under DOS
(And thats really boring). I have heard about different obstacles on
the way to a happy tape user, but this one seems to be my private
version. Does anybody have some hints for me ? Please reply directly
to my E-mail address, I can not read every single article in this
news-group.

Sven

Tape-Drive:   IOMEGA 250
FTAPE-Vers.:  0.9.10a, 0.9.9
Linux-Vers.:  Ver. 1.00, 0.99pl14
Board:        AMD386-40 with ULSI 387 (thats bad, I know)
FD-Contr.:    On Soundblaster PRO

1. Konsole and <ins> <del> keys

OK, KDE 3.0.5 is great. Konsole is great. takes a little more mem than
xterm etc, but it sure is nicer.. *BUT* :
why are my DEL and INS keys not working in Konsole????
They DO work in X, gvim, mozilla, etc, so it's not .Xmodmap or whatever.
What's doing something to Konsole? And better still: where can I fix this
behaviour?

My DEL/INS keys work fine running konsole+vim, but not in the main
konsole. No big deal, but just curious..

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.7 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)

2. xpilot 3.0 binaries available

3. ftape ECC errors

4. LINUX COMPAT FREEWARE SQL

5. ECC or non/ECC Memory

6. Help! how to use amd ?

7. Ftape would say /dev/ftape <no such device>

8. HOW TO PRINT PostScript files??

9. does anyone know about an ecc-application like gnu ecc (but correct?)

10. ecc or ecc+reg

11. Ftape would say /dev/ftape <no such device>

12. ftape seeks indefinitely with segment error

13. ftape: cannot update header segments