Move linux to new drive?

Post by Toan Hoang ~ » Sat, 28 May 1994 05:09:06

        I'd like to know how to move the whole linux operation system to a new
harddrive.  Since I am getting a bigger harddrive and I don't want to reinstall
and link everything again.  Is there any easy way to move to a new system?

Thanks,
-Toan-

Move linux to new drive?

Post by Siemes/Somm » Sat, 28 May 1994 18:20:50

>    I'd like to know how to move the whole linux operation system to a new
> harddrive.  Since I am getting a bigger harddrive and I don't want to reinstall
> and link everything again.  Is there any easy way to move to a new system?

Hi,
I did this several times. You have to format, mke2fs the new partition,
then mount it e.g on /mnt, and cp -ax / /mnt.
Then reinstall LILO, change fstab, and it should work.

Josef