Ethernet Card Timeouts during Boot

Post by James Bielm » Wed, 14 Dec 1994 12:41:10

OK. Here's the situation:

My Computer:

        HP Vectra 486s/20 PC
        HP Ultra VGA
        Some HP Ethernet Card...(?)

The problem is, I have to remove the Ethernet Card to get the machine
to boot. The error looks like this:

        <NULL>: retry #xxx on send PCB
        timeout at 3c505.c(268)
        timeout at 3c505.c(268)
        timeout at 3c505.c(268)
        timeout at 3c505.c(268)
        timeout at 3c505.c(268)
        .
        .
        (tries again, and again, and again...)

I really don't know much about the Ethernet card, I got the machine
for free...didn't get that kind of info on it. HP Ethertwist...it says
on one chip. Part # is 0993  27247-80003  Rev: A

It boots when the card isn't in, so it obviously can *find* it...

Thanks a whole heaping bunch.

-=- James -=-

1. Ethernet Card Timeouts at Boot

OOoohh, bad... the 3c505 driver must have mistakenly decided that it found a
card.  I didn't write the 3c505 driver, so It's Not My Fault.

Scan the boot-time messages to see what's going on.
Perhap you should try moving the card's base I/O address or compiling a
kernel without 3c505 support.

It's a 27247A -- should be supported.

Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882         http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/people/becker/whoiam.html

2. Cable Modem Connecting???

3. Using footers with Apache 1.2b4

4. Help! irq timeouts during boot time

5. Big Brother System Monitor Update v.0.99 available now.

6. SCSI timeouts during boot - command to ignore?

7. X Problems with STB Nitro 3D

8. very long timeouts on 'nfs' or 'amd' init during boots

9. Keyboard timeout problem during Linux boot--HELP!

10. Network card device timeout during NetBSD install

11. Ethernet fails during boot - Fedora Core 3

12. Ethernet card found during installation but I see error msgs on console (server installation)