Adaptec 1522 & NEC CDR-210 working under Linux?

Adaptec 1522 & NEC CDR-210 working under Linux?

Post by Laurentiu Rus » Sun, 10 Jul 1994 01:12:47

As the subject says, are the AHA1522 and NEC 2x CDR-210 working together
under Linux?
They work fine under DOS with parity and syncronous operation disabled.
However, Linux just hangs at boot up when it gets to checking the CD-ROM
drive. I've been using the AHA1522 with a SCSI hard disk with no
problems for about 9 months.

At boot time, after it checks the hard disk, it tries to check the CD-ROM
and it hangs. Also, the SCSI messages in Linux tell me that the parity is
enabled even though I disabled it on the card. The NEC CDR-210 doesn't
support parity. Is that the problem? If so, how do I tell Linux that I
want the parity disabled? And yes, I did recompile the kernel with SCSI
CD-ROM option enabled.

If you use these 2 together would you please tell me your setup.

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
Larry