Aztech and Glalaxy card compatibility with linux??

Aztech and Glalaxy card compatibility with linux??

Post by Gregory James Bark » Tue, 16 Aug 1994 18:42:37

Is there any way to access an Aztech cd-rom drive through
the Galaxy sound card?

The CDROM-HOWTO FAQ says that a Galaxy sound card interface is
supported. How does this need to be done??

I have just bought linux on CD-ROM and it would be really nice to
install Slackware directly onto the linux partition.

I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

- Greg.

Aztech and Glalaxy card compatibility with linux??

Post by NARD.. » Thu, 18 Aug 1994 05:59:00

Quote:>Is there any way to access an Aztech cd-rom drive through
>the Galaxy sound card?

As it was stated to me in an earlier post, Aztech's newer
drives are proprietary and are NOT supported under Linux.

A call to their tech support line revealed that to get any
technical info on the drive would require a call to _Singapore_.

2 Questions--

   is anyone working on a driver for this for Linux?  if so,
   do you need any help?

   if not, does anyone have any info on this drive?

Quote:>The CDROM-HOWTO FAQ says that a Galaxy sound card interface is
>supported. How does this need to be done??

This I don't know...

I'm willing to dedicate the time and programming prowess if
I can get my hands on any solid info.

THanks,
Joe Nardone

Quote:>I have just bought linux on CD-ROM and it would be really nice to