1. Stealth 32, Orchid Soundwave 32 and Sony CDU33a
I have a couple of problems I need help with:
1) I have an Orchid Soundwave 32 sound card. To that I have attached a Sony
CDU-33a. My problems with this are the following:
a) I have to boot DOS first to get the sound card to work (and load the
midgen.ld or mt32.ld).
b) I also have to boot under DOS first to get the address configured for
the CDU-33a from the soundcard.
Has anyone written a patch for the CD-ROM problem and does anyone have a
loader for the Soundwave 32?
2) X-Windows configuration:
a) No matter what I do, I can't get the video configured right. I have a
Diamond Stealth 32 ET4000/W32p card and an NEC 3FGe Monitor.
I am aware that X-Windows doesn't support most Diamond products, but I
don't see why it still won't work using the W32 driver. I have even tried the
SVGA server, but with the same results. The biggest headache I have is
setting the dot clocks. I get a message about not being able to set mode
because there are no defined clocks for it. I have tried the XFree Config
included and its a no go. I looked through every doc I have and come up bust.
Can somebody please save my sanity! I am trying to get i
t to work in 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, in 8bit, 16, and 32, if possible.
Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
I am running Linux 1.1.59 currently (Slackware) but I also have version 1.2.3
floating around somewhere.
My machine is a 486DX2/66(Intel) 8meg, Diamond Stealth 32 ET4000w32p (2Meg
board, DRAM) Sony CDU33a attached to the Soundwave 32, Conner tape backup
(250M), and it is slighty modified to run at 80 Meg. 2 Western Digital Hard
drives (540 and 210 Meg), Linux on the second (210).
2. Compiling kernel 2.2.10: file asm/mman.h missing
3. Diamond Stealth 32 - PCI and XFree
4. IBM PC-Network/Baseband II cards
5. >> Diamond Stealth 32 VLB & XFree86 3.1 HELP !!!<<
6. Philips P817 terminal
7. Stealth 32 VESA & yggdrasil
8. HP Deskjet 855C
9. 1280x1024 Stealth 32 config here!
10. Help: Stealth 32 w/ 2M ram and X-Windows
11. Stealth 32 PCI - when if ever ?
12. Xdefaults for Stealth 32 & NEC3D
13. Stealth 32 and SVGAlib