Problems with xmkmf

Post by on used cars » Wed, 01 Feb 1995 13:31:55

        I'm trying to compile Wine, and I get the following errors:
darkstar:/usr/src/wine950122# xmkmf -a
mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
imake: No such file or directory: Cannot exec /lib/cpp.  Stop.
imake: Exit code 1.  Stop.
darkstar:/usr/src/wine950122#

I have a clean install of Slackware 2.1.0, and have heard of some problems with
xmkmf with the X11R6/XFree86 3.1  but have not been able to find any answers in the newsgroups.  Symbolic links to /bin/cpp and /bin/gcc in /lib only generate
screenfulls of error messages.  Is there a solution I have mussed in the
newsgroups, or  some files I am missing?  Any help would be appreciated.

1. problem with xmkmf

When I try to run xmkmf on an Imakefile, I get the following error:

  %> xmkmf
  mv -f Makefile Makefile.bak
  imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
  cpp: Imakefile.c: No such file or directory
  imake: Exit code 33.
    Stop.
  %>

Does somebody now what could go wrong here?

Thanks,

-Remco

2. MODELINES!!!!!!!

3. help - problem with xmkmf

4. Hooking up a VT420 to serial port

5. Problem with xmkmf

6. kernel panic

7. problems with xmkmf HELP!

8. write(), even with O_NDELAY still blocks!?!

9. HELP problem with xmkmf

10. Calling xmkmf, calling Dr. xmkmf.

11. OW3.1 xmkmf is ok - Re: Solaris 2.1 OW3.x xmkmf -- WRONG!

12. X11R6 Contrib xmkmf problem

13. Help: How to set environmental variable OPENWIN and xmkmf compilation problems/error