Summarizing all the CD ROM and interface info?

Summarizing all the CD ROM and interface info?

Post by D Parso » Sat, 18 Jun 1994 07:28:26

If ever a HOWTO FAQ or whatever was needed this is it. I hope all the daily
messages on CD ROMS and cards for Linux does not go to waste. Has anyone
grepped the arechives to recover it?  I would like to know what it all
adds up to so that I can make a safe purchase of a CD ROM and sound card.
Don

--
Donald F. Parsons MD, Wadsworth Ctr. Rm C273, NY State Dept of Health, ESP,
PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201-0509. (518)474-7047 Fax: (518)474-7992

Summarizing all the CD ROM and interface info?

Post by Eberhard Moenkebe » Sun, 19 Jun 1994 23:48:37

Hello D Parsons and all others,

on 17.06.94 D Parsons wrote to All in USENET.COMP.OS.LINUX.HELP:

DP> If ever a HOWTO FAQ or whatever was needed this is it. I hope all the daily
DP> messages on CD ROMS and cards for Linux does not go to waste. Has anyone
DP> grepped the arechives to recover it?  I would like to know what it all
DP> adds up to so that I can make a safe purchase of a CD ROM and sound card.

All the non-SCSI cdrom drivers are located within
   /usr/src/linux/drivers/block.
They are named cdu31a.c (for Sony CDU31A and CDU33), mcd.c (for all
Mitsumi drives) and sbpcd.c (for all the non-SCSI drives from
Matsushita, Panasonic and CreativeLabs).

It would be of worth if all these drivers would have a README file
there - currently there is only a README.sbpcd.

Corey Minyard, are you listening?

Greetings ... Eberhard