UnixPowerTools going OK in Linux

Post by Jonathan Kitch » Sun, 07 Nov 1993 11:55:16

I have got UPT going OK in Linux thanks to the net.
If there are any others out there using or trying to use UPT
in Linux I can post the shar file I received from London.
Also the 'pwd' needs tweaking as it appears to be a shell command.

1. DHCP misconfiguration with Linux, Windows goes ok??

Hello,

I have a problem with my Internet connection via a cable modem
(Chello).
I want to use Linux on the pc that I connect to the cable modem.

When I get an IP address via DHCP, I get an incorrect broadcast
address (255.255.255.255). So something is going wrong between my DHCP
client and the DHCP server of my ISP.
I now have installed Windows on the same PC (dual installation) and
under Windows it works well!
I use Redhat 7.2. Does anyone know anything about these kind of
problems?

Gr. Rienk.

2. Entering text in an overlaped Xwindow

3. Going, going, going, GONE! Bye Windows!

4. How to upgrade firmware?

5. "nu bee:-)" ok ok ok

6. .

7. Printcap OK, Postscript OK, together NOT OK - HELP!

8. Veritas for x86

9. OK, OK, Linux is great but does it...

10. OK, OK... so LINUX is just awesome!

11. dns update from dhcp server ok for windows clients, not ok for linux (dhclient) clients

12. Server Push (Linux: ok, Solaris 2.5: not ok)

13. UnixPowertools