How to open x-window with term118 ?

Post by Dragon F » Sun, 03 Jul 1994 14:54:10

I compiled term118pl6 and it seems to work
apart from being slow in comparison with ckermit.
I can run trsh and tupload to remote machine
running Ultrix (DEC 5100). However I failed to
run any x-clients, like e.g. xterm on remote
machine so that it opens window on my local
machine, etc.
what I did is to run txconn on remote machine
which gave me
$ txconn
Xconn bound to screen 9
:9
$
then I tried to execute
$ xterm -display :9
or
$ xterm -display foo:9
in different combination with the same error:
it says it fails to open display.

What I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Serge

How to open x-window with term118 ?

Post by Tim Cut » Mon, 04 Jul 1994 17:03:23

Try the following to start you X stuff:

in bash:

export DISPLAY=`hostname``txconn`

and then just xterm.  This works fine for me.

Tim.

1. How to open xterm window with term118 ?

I compiled term118pl6 and it seems to work
apart from being slow in comparison with ckermit.
I can run trsh and tupload to remote machine
running Ultrix (DEC 5100). However I failed to
run any x-clients, like e.g. xterm on remote
machine so that it opens window on my local
machine, etc.
what I did is to run txconn on remote machine
which gave me
$ txconn
Xconn bound to screen 9
:9
$
then I tried to execute
$ xterm -display :9
or
$ xterm -display myrtle:9
in different combination with the same error:
it says it fails to open display (myrtle is the name of remote machine).

What I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks,
Serge

2. flock vs fcntl locks

3. open an x-window with login: prompt

4. kernel panic

5. x-window open and close

6. upgrading GCC, compiling kernel 1.1.45

7. How to open the X-window from the remote computer?

8. how to control icon size?

9. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95

10. X-window slower then MS-Windows

11. X-Window security: How to disallow window manipulation (closing, resizing, moving)

12. How to install X-window on Microsoft Windows?

13. Gurus: why x-window is slower than MS windows?