Recompiling kernel w/ Yggdrasil Fall '94 CD-ROM

Recompiling kernel w/ Yggdrasil Fall '94 CD-ROM

Post by Kurt Bentl » Fri, 06 Jan 1995 07:25:06

I have been trying to recompile the kernel using Yggdrasil's source code but
get compile-time errors.  It fails on inode.c, complaining that several
variables and constants are undefined (I can't remember all of them right now).
There's also a section where it can't even find the makefile for that section.
I've tried reinstalling Yggdrasil's source but still get the same problems.
My sequence of steps is:

  make config
  make dep
  make clean
  make zImage

Thanks in advance,

Kurt

Post by toms.. » Sat, 07 Jan 1995 03:07:54

> I have been trying to recompile the kernel using Yggdrasil's source code but
> get compile-time errors.  It fails on inode.c, complaining that several
> variables and constants are undefined (I can't remember all of them right now).
> There's also a section where it can't even find the makefile for that section.
> I've tried reinstalling Yggdrasil's source but still get the same problems.
> My sequence of steps is:

>   make config
>   make dep
>   make clean
>   make zImage

> Thanks in advance,

> Kurt

I have experinced the same problem. Mine was failing on inode.c in the ifs
subdirectory. I ran the config script again and answered No to the inherited
file system (actually I answered no to several of them just to be sure) and
reran the make sequence. This time it failed in the ftape subdirectory saying
there was no procedure to build the target. I got around this one by deleting
the ftape subdirectory from the Makefile (since I wasn't using it anyway). This
time it worked!?!

Good luck

Steve

Recompiling kernel w/ Yggdrasil Fall '94 CD-ROM

Post by Carlos Per » Fri, 27 Jan 1995 14:40:24

: > My sequence of steps is:
: >
: >   make config
: >   make dep
: >   make clean
: >   make zImage
: >

: I have experinced the same problem. Mine was failing on inode.c in the ifs
: subdirectory. I ran the config script again and answered No to the inherited
: file system (actually I answered no to several of them just to be sure) and
: reran the make sequence. This time it failed in the ftape subdirectory saying
: there was no procedure to build the target. I got around this one by deleting
: the ftape subdirectory from the Makefile (since I wasn't using it anyway). This
: time it worked!?!

: Good luck

: Steve

I hit the same problems above.  My fix, in addition to saying "No" to IFS,
was to fix the .depend file in ../ftape-1.13b.  Change all occurances
of i586-unknown-linux/2.6.0 to i486-unknown-linux/2.5.8.  Apparently
Yggdrasil didn't do such a hot job of "configuration control" of their
libraries.

--
-- Carlos Perez                               "My other car is Ada"

-- team Ada (Ada9X:  object-oriented, multi-threaded, totally-cool)

1. Can not run Yggdrasil P&P Fall 94' without CD-ROM...Please help..

I have recently purchased Fall 94' version of Linux from Yggdrasil.
I am trying to install Linux on 350Meg IDE drive in a 486 System. The
problem is that I can not run Linux without the CD-ROM present in the
drive. I found that /usr/bin has to be installed using "install_component"
instead of using Control-Panel. However, all the files copied to /usr are
symbolic links to "/system_cd/...." directories. I am not sure where am I
making a mistake.

I tried copying /usr directory from CD-ROM directly by "cp" command and
it works. However, installation of any components using "install_component"
or "Control-Panel" results in same linked files.

Please email me any comments and I will post the summary.

Thanks.
Zafar.

2. Routing problems

3. Cant install Yggdrasil Fall '94 distribution from CD-ROM.

4. robotics, linux and PCI ADC

5. Yggdrasil Fall 94': CD-ROM problems!

6. paralle zipdrive & FreeBSD

7. Problems with Yggdrasil (fall '94) and Reno CD-ROM

8. We'r in MaxDigits

9. Yggdrasil Fall '94 Linux CD-ROM

10. AZTECH CD-ROM with Yggdrasil Fall '94

11. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM

12. MSCDEX and AZTECH CD-ROMs with Yggdrasil Fall '94

13. Yggdrasil Fall 94 EAT my CD-ROM