Help: ftape13b with kernel 1.1.49

Post by Andreas Weiga » Sat, 10 Sep 1994 17:17:40

Hello all !

Can someone help me ? I want to use my Colorado streamer DJ-10 with
controller card FC-10 on my Linux system ! I get the patched ftape-driver
from sunsite and compiled it successfully. The modules were compiled same
and I'am using kernel version 1.1.49.

Now when I give the command "mt -f /dev/ftape reten " the tape go's from the
beginning to the end and return. That is it what the tape should do, but
when I want to read from the tape with:

mt -f /dev/ftape erase

or

mt -f /dev/ftape status

the tape moves and I get the message: I/O error !

Can someone help me about this problem ?

You can reach me via Internet at the adress:

or you can post an articel at this place !

Thank you !

Andreas Weigand

----

1. Help: ftape13b with kernel 1.1.49

Hello all !

Can someone help me ? I want to use my Colorado streamer DJ-10 with
controller card FC-10 on my Linux system ! I get the patched ftape-driver
from sunsite and compiled it successfully. The modules were compiled same
and I'am using kernel version 1.1.49.

Now when I give the command "mt -f /dev/ftape reten " the tape go's from the
beginning to the end and return. That is it what the tape should do, but
when I want to read from the tape with:

mt -f /dev/ftape erase

or

mt -f /dev/ftape status

the tape moves and I get the message: I/O error !

Can someone help me about this problem ?

You can reach me via Internet at the adress:

or you can post an articel at this place !

Thank you !

Andreas Weigand

----

2. Tektronics 4404 AI Workstation

3. HELP kernel 1.1.49 print prob more

4. Messed up shell entry for superuser in passwd file

5. Help: ftape 1.13b with kernel 1.1.49

6. DEC Alpha Linux vs. PC Linux?

7. Still plagued by dosemu "falling behind" on keystrokes.

8. HELP kernel 1.1.49 print prob

9. Help: ftape 1.13b with kernel 1.1.49

10. problems compliing kernel 1.1.49, 1.1.50

11. Running executables from CDROM in 1.1.49 kernel

12. FTAPE 1.13b, Conner 250MQ, kernel 1.1.49 problems