OS/2 user wants to move to linux

OS/2 user wants to move to linux

Post by Colin Telm » Sun, 18 Sep 1994 23:31:14



I am thinking of moving from OS/2 2.11 to Linux but have three questions
that I need to address first:
1) I have a new IBM external ISA CD-ROM drive that interfaces with
   my machine through a proprietary IBM adapter card. Any idea if
   Linux supports this?
2) I have a Colorado Jumbo 250 tape backup unit connected to my floppy
   drive controller. Does Linux support this?
3) I have a Pro Audio Spectrum 16 card. Does Linux support this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Colin Telmer.
--
==================================================================
Colin R. Telmer   Department of Economics, Queen's University
                  Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L-3N6 (613)545-2250

 
 
 

OS/2 user wants to move to linux

Post by nick lero » Mon, 19 Sep 1994 11:38:16



Quote:>I am thinking of moving from OS/2 2.11 to Linux but have three questions
>that I need to address first:

Good idea...

Quote:>1) I have a new IBM external ISA CD-ROM drive that interfaces with
>   my machine through a proprietary IBM adapter card. Any idea if
>   Linux supports this?

I don't think so.  Is it a SCSI card / CD-ROM drive, or some totally
proprietary thing?  Without more info its hard to say for sure...
I, at a glance, did not see any such device in the device support in the
kernel, but these things can a re-labeled Adaptec SCSI, etc., in which case
yes, it does.  Do you have any documentation on the card / drive?

Quote:>2) I have a Colorado Jumbo 250 tape backup unit connected to my floppy
>   drive controller. Does Linux support this?

Yes.

Quote:>3) I have a Pro Audio Spectrum 16 card. Does Linux support this?

Yes.

Quote:>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Colin Telmer.

Gladly.

-Nick
--
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| /`-_     Nicholas R LeRoy            | Linux -- What *nix was meant to be. |

| \   */   Camtronics, LTD, PO Box 950 |  Escape the Gates of Hell with      |
| |___|    Hartland, WI 53029          |   The choice of a GNU generation... |
+--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

 
 
 

OS/2 user wants to move to linux

Post by Sam Dra » Tue, 27 Sep 1994 17:34:56


I'm pretty sure it's just a relabelled Mitsumi 562B.

Sam Drake / IBM Almaden Research Center