Question: StarOffice # 2

Post by Karsten Balluede » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

    Zheng> Hello everyone.  currently, I run a RedHat 4.1 Linux box on
    Zheng> a Pentium 200MMX (intel) pc. I downloaded the stat-bin
    Zheng> package and ran the setup for StarOffice fine.  At first i
    Zheng> had problems with the env settings, but i figured that out,
    Zheng> however now, when i try to run

    Zheng> svdaemon: i get the following error

    Zheng> Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to receive; errno =
    Zheng> Connection refused unable to register (STARVIEW,
    Zheng> STARVIEWVERS, udp).

    Zheng> Can anyone help me on this? i don't know what it means.

You need to have the portmap demon started before.

--

"In a world without fences, who needs Gates?"

1. Questions: Staroffice

I just installed staroffice 4.0. It's _very_ cool, maybe to similar to some
M$-product :(
Can I use my true type fonts with staroffice if I run the Xfstt font-server?
I haven't succeeded. Is it possible to open and save documents in the word97
format?
/P-H

2. Time Machine

3. New to groups and Staroffice Question

4. How to set the $DISPLAY through script?

5. StarOffice questions

6. Partitioning a 8G disk

7. StarOffice 5.0 shared installation question (or, I must be an idiot...)

8. Status of Cyrix support in 2.2 kernels

9. Two questions: mount points and StarOffice

10. StarOffice Question??

11. New to groups and Staroffice Question

12. StarOffice Setup Question

13. staroffice and email question