stairstep effect after SLIP

Post by BERR » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 14:34:07

After I have connected with SLIP, everything works fine in
applications.  But, when I return to the shell, I get a
stair
      step
           effect, where the screen seems to be receiving a line
feed but not a carriage return.
If I logout and log back on, the effect goes away.
Anyone know what to do?
Bruce

1. Stairstep Effect

I am running Slakware 2.3 with a 483 33/dx and a LaserJet III printer.

I am having problems with the Stairstep effect.  I have read the
Printing-HOWTO, and have tried the two Shell Script input_filters, however,
neither seems to be working.  I get the daemon not running error,
even though the daemon is running, and the HOWTO says there must be an error
in the input filter.

I have the correct Control Codes in the Shell Scripts, but it does'nt work.

Are the scripts wrong?  What will work???

David

David R. Johnson
Trilogy Systems, Inc.
A Computer Communications Consulting Firm

Email:

Phone:  515-964-9505

2. installing 'collect', 'analyze' tools without complete Compiler set

3. Stairstep effect with HP printer

4. Secure web site

5. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

6. Is there still Floppy Tape code in 3.3?

7. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

8. rsh trouble in pipe

9. STAIRSTEP PRINTING

10. stairstepping on Canon BJ10e