who terminates telnet (linux)?

Post by falke.. » Sun, 20 Mar 1994 01:11:38

when i connect via telnet to another host i found that i will dropped
out after ca. 1 hour. I read some weeks ago that the linux telnet
(given in the slackware 1.1.1 package) uses the an envrionment vriable and
manages the duration by itself.

the problem is that i can't remember the text and how to change the
time out for the telnet connection to void drop outs.

for hints i would be very glad

harald

1. Linux terminates telnet/ftp connection?

RH 5.2. Ftp and telnet used to work just fine. Now telenet from NT, and
same linux host, both return 'connection terminated by foreign host'.
Can no longer connect using ftp from NT. Samba continues to work. Ping,
echo, chargen, and discard work ok.

Some time ago I tried to get the Exceed X client to work and I changed
access rights config files, etc. I never got Exceed to work from NT. The
problem is, I can't remember exactly which files I changed. From an
access rights point of view, what config files should I take a look at?
Any other suggestions? I have a strong networking background but I am
just getting started with linux and linux administration.

Thanks,
    Don

2. Sol2.6 file > 2GB question

3. Terminating parent vs terminating children

4. Mailing list ...

5. Telnet to SCO 5.0.4 being terminated

6. modem not working ?

7. Redhat 5.0 telnet daemon terminated by system

8. Lexmark 3200

9. Solaris 2.5.1 not terminating Telnet Sessions?

10. Telnet terminates after 15 minutes of inactivity.

11. Telnet sessions immediately terminated by host

12. NT telnet terminates every 10 minutes

13. Capturing a terminating signal when telnet is closed