IRQ conflicts on eth0. How do I fix?

Post by Gerald Cec » Thu, 04 Aug 1994 05:37:06

Hello.  I'm having problems getting my notebook onto the net, & being PC
naive, I'm stumped.  I installed David Hinds' latest PCMCIA cardmgr from
stanford.edu into the 1.1.35 kernel to drive a D-LINK PCMCIA card.  The
linkable modules work fine & cardmgr reports that it is looking at 2 sockets.
My problem is that I get what appears to be a conflict with the default IRQ
that prevents network connection.  I have `excluded' various IRQ's in
/etc/pcmcia/config, but I still don't get packets.  How do I tell what IRQ's
are being used by Linux on my 486?  Under DOS I get the following from `msd':
IRQ     device
---     ------
0       time clock
1       keyboard
2       2nd 8259A
3       com2: com4
4       com1: com3
5       lpt2
6       floppy
7       lpt1
8       real-time clock
9       redirected irq
10      reserved
11      reserved
12      reserved
13      math coprocessor
14      fixed disk
15      reserved

Is this even relevant?  I don't need the printer ports but do need the com
ports (1 for the trackball [disabled], the other for an external modem.)
I'm beginning to despair!  HELP!
---

Physics & Astronomy, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3255 USA
--
---

Physics & Astronomy, U of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3255 USA