Help! I destroyed my DOS partition table :-(

Help! I destroyed my DOS partition table :-(

Post by Lei Zh » Mon, 22 Aug 1994 14:47:43

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my Linux to version 1.1.35. The compilation of new
kernel went well. But when I rebooted my system, the dos partition (on
my C drive) was reported bad and unrecognizable.

I have a 486 computer with two IDE harddisks (420MB for C drive and 540MB
for D drive) and 20MB RAM. I had dos and windows 3.1 installed in C drive.
Half of the D drive was partitioned for Windows NT and the another half
for Linux. It seems to me that Linux does not like this arrangement very
much.

My question is whether I can still recover my files in the C drive (the
DOS files). Any suggestions and helps are greately appreciated. Please

-- L. Z.

1. HELP: DOS partition destroyed while upgrading kernel :-(

Hi,

I tried to upgrade my Linux to version 1.1.35. The compilation of new
kernel went well. But when I rebooted my system, the dos partition (on
my C drive) was reported bad and unrecognizable.

I have a 486 computer with two IDE harddisks (420MB for C drive and
540MB for D drive) and 20MB RAM. I had dos and windows 3.1 installed
in C drive.  Half of the D drive was partitioned for Windows NT and
the another half for Linux. It seems to me that Linux does not like
this arrangement very much.

My question is whether I can still recover my files in the C drive (the
DOS files). Any suggestions and helps are greately appreciated. Please

-- L. Z.

2. What is kcore?

3. Partition-table destroyed by NOVELL DOS 7

4. SecureShell...

5. HELP partition table destroyed...

6. exportinng display fails on DELL pc - redhat 6.2

7. Help!!! Linux fdisk destroyed DOS partition

8. update to glibc-2.3.2-4.80 makes ssh refuse connections

9. Win95 destroyed my partition table!

10. Partition table destroyed by Linux

11. Secondary ide-channel, partition table destroyed?

12. dos partition/invalid partition table

13. partition table destroyed