Microsoft Mouse 2.0 and Xfree1.3

Post by Edward Alan Adasi » Tue, 16 Nov 1993 11:45:30

        Has anyone else found XFree1.3 nearly impossible to configure with
the new Microsoft Bus Mouse?  A summary of what I've tried so far:
1.  Linking /dev/mouse to bmousems.  Result--nothing, it can't find the mouse
    to initialize it.  My Xconfig file had the line "Microsoft   "/dev/mouse"".
2.  Linking /dev/mouse to ps2aux.  Result--erratic movement around the borders,
    but no real control of the mouse.  Xconfig "Microsoft  "/dev/ps2aux"".
3.  Using an old MouseSystems serial mouse.  Result--I can move the mouse
    fine, but I get erratic response from the buttons.  Xconfig "MouseSystems
    "/dev/cua0"" Emulate 3 buttons was on.

        Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Even more
particulars:  My system - Gateway2K 433DX
              Linux ver - SLS 99p12
              Frustration level - high
              Desired mental state at this point - high

Thanks for any help,

Ed Adasiak

1. Microsoft Mouse 2.0

I actually got X to run w/ a Diamond SpeedStar Pro (bless Cirrus Logic!)
but now i can't seem to find ample docs on setting up yr mouse.
Does anyone know how to set up the Microsoft 2.0 mouse (the ergonomic-funky
type) in Xconfig when /dev/mouse -> ttyS0 ?  I know it's only 2 or 3 lines,
but all the X docs gloss over it.

thanks

wendigo

2. Xmodmap configs database

3. button2 on microsoft serial mouse does not work with slackware 2.0

4. ext2 panic

5. Xconfig/mouse problems with Xfree1.2

6. Q: IP Aliasing (NAT)

7. Problem to get MS mouse working with Xfree1.2

8. Guest FTP home dir as /

9. Conflict with Microsoft intelligent Mouse and Microsoft Natural Keyboard

10. What kind of mouse is Microsoft mouse on Gateway-2000 ?

11. Help! Microsoft Mouse (mouse port) & XFree86 3.1

12. Expert Mouse -- only works as 2 button microsoft mouse

13. Mouse Systems Optical Mice supported by Linux 2.0 kernel?