3Com 509

Post by David Boney/oldh » Thu, 16 Dec 1993 18:13:30

Does Linux support the 3Com 509 eithernet card. Is it in the current
slackware 1.1.1 distribution?

Thank You,
David G. Boney

3Com 509

Post by Patrick J. Volkerdi » Thu, 16 Dec 1993 18:54:33

Quote:>Does Linux support the 3Com 509 eithernet card. Is it in the current
>slackware 1.1.1 distribution?

From the 'make config' log for the bootdisk:

3c509/3c579 support (CONFIG_EL3) [n] y

Looks good to me, but I don't have a 3c509 so holler if it doesn't work.

---
Patrick Volkerding

3Com 509

Post by Mario Cam » Fri, 17 Dec 1993 07:39:13

: Does Linux support the 3Com 509 eithernet card. Is it in the current
: slackware 1.1.1 distribution?

I've got SLS 1.03 and it works both in the original pl12 and the pl13
kernels. I seem to recall having to uncomment the line in config.in in
one or the other or both pl's. The 3C509 is working like a charm.

Happy Holidays,
--
Mario Camou / EDS Mexico Client-Server Integration Team
From Mexico City, the smog capital of the world

3Com 509

Post by Miguel Alvarez Blan » Sat, 25 Dec 1993 01:23:57

: Does Linux support the 3Com 509 eithernet card. Is it in the current
: slackware 1.1.1 distribution?

: Thank You,
: David G. Boney

--
     Miguel Alvarez Blanco           "All that is gold does not glitter,

which is a Linux box with 3Com 509 card, so it surely works. And yes, this
is Slacware 1.1.1, nice netconfig package: ten minutes to let me write this
to you!

   Try it!

1. 3Com 509 Not detected

Hi !

Im really new at Linux and RH. My machine, a 486 dx2 66mhz with Redhat
3.03 Kernel 1.2.13. I have installed the software and then i put in a
ethernet-card- 3Com 509. But it wont find it at the boot. As you already
know Im new at this. What to do??

Please help me..

//Lars

2. SSH + X11 Forwarding snafu

3. Ethernet: 3Com 509 B

4. Urgent Guru's Help Needed

5. 3com 509 isa pnp card problem

6. over 1TB on solaris 2.6? Anyone?

7. 3Com 509 Driver Problems - Any fixes - Help

8. Also, Unix system admin guide for beginner

9. IRQ conflict: AdvanSys SCSI + 3Com 509 Ethernet

10. 3com 509 problem !!

11. help 3COM 509

12. Adaptec 2920 and 3Com 509