xconsole : Couldn't open console !!!

Post by Christof Reinha » Tue, 16 Aug 1994 23:46:31

I tried to get rid of the xconsole message : "Couldn't open console". Every time i start X the message appears on the xconsole. I have changed the access rights from
/dev/console, /dev/tty ,/dev/tty0, /dev/tty1 but nothing happens !

Does anybody know how get get the console messages on the xconsole window ?

Thanks for help

Christof Reinhart

xconsole : Couldn't open console !!!

Post by Patrick Reijn » Wed, 17 Aug 1994 23:36:39

Quote:>I tried to get rid of the xconsole message : "Couldn't open console". Every time i start X the message appears on the xconsole. I have changed the access rights from
>/dev/console, /dev/tty ,/dev/tty0, /dev/tty1 but nothing happens !
>Does anybody know how get get the console messages on the xconsole window ?

Hmm, you missed the discussion of last week: outcome was to exit all VC's

Quote:>Thanks for help
>Christof Reinhart

Patrick Reijnen

--
************************* Patrick Reijnen *************************
* Department of Computer Science, Catholic University of Nijmegen *

* WWW:    http://{atlas,zeus}.cs.kun.nl:4000/homepage.html        *

1. xconsole 'Couldn't open console'

Hi,

 I hope somebody can give me a pointer to a how to or something for xconsole.
 Trying to start xconsole I invariably get the message ? Couldn't open console
 ?. This happens also when I try to start it as root (/dev/console is rw for
 root only). The DISPLAY variable is set to ':0.0', and all error/printf
 messagesd from my programs appear on the console, as I can see when switching
 back with ctrl+alt+F1.

 What is it that I haven't understood here ?
 Thanks for your tips .

 Armand

--
email: armand(double u)(at)xs(four)all(dot)nl

-----------------????????????????????-------------------
- Stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal!!              -
- Copy these 3 sentences to your own sig.              -
- http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm       -
-----------------????????????????????-------------------

http://mojo.calyx.net/~refuse/mumia/index.html

2. CanonScan D1250U2F under linux?

3. xconsole - Error Couldn't open console

4. remove drivers/macintosh/rtc.c

5. xconsole: Couldn't open console

6. WordPerfect 6.0 Linux Info

7. xconsole.... "Couldn't open console"??

8. Please answer a research survey on personal use of the Internet at work

9. xconsole: Couldn't open console

10. xconsole couldn't open

11. Why can't open /dev/console when user xconsole ???

12. xconsole can't open /dev/console?

13. xconsole can't open /dev/console