slack -- can't login after the installation, help needed!

slack -- can't login after the installation, help needed!

Post by Simon Eligulashvi » Sat, 04 Dec 1993 04:02:55

Hi, I just installed slack, and made a boot disk. At the "login"
prompt, after I type 'root' (to loginas the root), I get the message
"should exec login at the lowest sh." Then I get the login prompt again.
What does it mean? How am I supposed to login?

Btw, how do I make the swap partition?

Thanks, your help is appreciated,

/Simon

Post by Andreas Kle » Mon, 06 Dec 1993 01:31:47

>Hi, I just installed slack, and made a boot disk. At the "login"
>prompt, after I type 'root' (to loginas the root), I get the message
>"should exec login at the lowest sh." Then I get the login prompt again.
>What does it mean? How am I supposed to login?

What slackware release _please_, shall I guess ?!

Quote:>Btw, how do I make the swap partition?

Run  fdisk to create a new partition <= 16 MB which is changed to
the type linux swap (I think it was the type 0x82).  Then run mk-
swap /dev/... .

But, if you have the latest Slackware 1.1.0 release, then the in-
stallation floppy's setup program finds the swap partition  auto-
matically,  asks you if running mkswap on it is needed ( don't do
this on an already active swap partition, if you did it  manually
before running setup) and mounts it prior further installation.

You only should have created a swap partition before setup an re-
boot, so that the new partition table is active ..

     Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm                 /\/\____ Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH