Metafont: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

Metafont: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

Post by John You » Sat, 25 Feb 1995 01:38:09

I get this error message when running Metafont from the command line.

I was originally trying to run dvips, which tried and failed to run cmmf.
All of the above were installed from the Slackware t series of disks. My
machine is a 386sx-20 with 4 megabytes of RAM.

John.

Metafont: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

Post by Daniel Barl » Sun, 26 Feb 1995 05:31:12

Quote:>I get this error message when running Metafont from the command line.

It means what it says, pretty much.  Metafont has a `preview mode'
which requires X.

Quote:>I was originally trying to run dvips, which tried and failed to run cmmf.
>All of the above were installed from the Slackware t series of disks. My
>machine is a 386sx-20 with 4 megabytes of RAM.

You can either dig out the required library from whichever x series
disk it's on, ftp it from sunsite, or recompile mf from source.  In
4Mb, I'd go for installing the library rather than recompiling; it's
easier ...

Dnaiel

--

``Our single posting of 6,000 was a drop in a huge bucket''
                                -- Canter & Siegel, to the Tenessee Bar

1. MetaFont with Linux (T Disk Series: TeX) Wants Library 'libXt.so.6'

I have just installed Linux from the Slackware distribution using disk
sets A, D, and T.  When I run dvips to convert a TeX-generated dvi file
to a postscript file, it runs MakeTeXPK to generate the required PK
file(s).  This is a shell script that in turns calls a version of
MetaFont (cmmf in this case).  When I try to invoke MetaFont, I get the
following error message:

        cmmf: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

This looks like it wants something from an X distribution, although I
am not running or using X.  Any ideas?

                                        - Gil Neiger

2. Full duplex 100

3. can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

4. gcc bug?

5. Help [2nd]: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

6. Red Hat & Sound Hardware

7. can't find library 'libXt.so.3'

8. Webcam Intel CS330 USB!!

9. Error : can't find library 'libXt.so.3'

10. can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

11. xearth: can't find library 'libXt.so.6' even though ldconfig can

12. Help: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'

13. Problem: can't find library 'libXt.so.6'