Pkgtool fra Slackware 1.2.0 won't install new packages

Pkgtool fra Slackware 1.2.0 won't install new packages

Post by Anders Nattest » Sat, 18 Jun 1994 14:49:55

Hi all,

I have installed Linux Slackware release 1.2.0.4 and have recently upgraded
the kernel to 1.1.19.

I have experienced some difficulty with the pkgtool 1.2.0 from this
distribution. I seem only to be able to extract very few of a new collection
of packages. I could install xarchie, but not xftp and not sliplogin and
not the most recent ppp package (2.1.2a). When I run pkgtool from the
directory of these .tar files and choose [install from current directory) -
the program quits without any messages - as if I chose exit.

I have not been able to find any mention of pkgtool in the howto's and I have
looked for a newer pkgtool without luck.

Can anyone help.

Thanks in advance.

Anders.

Anders Nattestad, DDS, Ph.D, Dep. of *and Maxillo* Surgery
and Chairman of Computer Network and Multimedia Division.
Dental School,  Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen
Norre Alle 20, Copenhagen, Denmark, Ph.+4535326618, Fax +4535326625

1. Slackware 1.2.0 pkgtool won't add packages

 I have installed a reasonably complete Linux system and want to remove a
 package or two and add one or two that I did not include originally. To
 do this, I ran pkgtool from within my normal (hard disk) booted session.
 Removing packages works fine. However the pkgtool script exits without
 doing anything if I chose to install a package from an existing directory
 (in this case my mounted CD).

 I haven't seen anything else here about this problem, so I think I must
 be doing something wrong; but what?

2. Slackware 3.0: Is G77 there??

3. RPM 3.0.4 won't install new packages

4. Questions...

5. Slackware 'setup' and 'pkgtool' broke!

6. Corel Filebrowser

7. Newbie Help - setup or pkgtool won't run after install

8. probing ip address of an interface.

9. New Slackware Won't Install

10. Slackware 'pkgtool' & 1.1.24 bug!!!!

11. installing 'packages' with Slackware

12. Installing new packages in Slackware

13. Pkgtool installing 'x' disks