Can't connect to different IP port

Post by Adam Teag » Fri, 09 Dec 1994 14:00:45

Greetings all,

I have a problem in that people cannot telnet to our linux box on any other
port except the standard one, even tho they can log in to Linux, and then
localhost to that port.

Anyone have any ideas why??

Thanks,
Adam.

--
   .:';`;'~'                                        Adam Teague

  ||    |   |  ||~||~||~~||~||~||  |  |\ /|  |  |
 ,'`----|-, |  ||_||-||__||-||_||  |  | X |  |__|   Southern Cross University

1. connecting via ppp to two different sites with same IP's

Can sound like a stupid question, but anyway...

I am using a linux-box as ppp dialout-server. On the linux-box, I have two
modem connected and can connect to 2 different sites simultaneously. Where
it goes wrong is when I want to connect to two LAN with the same
IP-addresses...

What I could have done in the first place is to change the IP-addresses on
the different sites in order to make them unique - but there are quite a lot
of sites and I don't want to disturb anything.

Another solution could be to use PAT on the sites where I am connecting too.
This is also not an easy solution for me as remote sites are running another
unix-OS which doesn't give me easy access to software which is doing the
translation of the addresses.

I am just posting this message to see if nobody has another idea about
something that could be done in order to overcome this problem. Can I do
something with subnetting, ip masquarading, etc...

Thanx in advance, BW.

2. DCOP server problem

3. Can localhost connects have different source IP's?

4. Worlnet as a PPP provider for Linux

5. Solaris' latency in re-connecting to a port (was: Are multiple connect()'s valid?)

6. Linking an Inode number to it's filenname or a directory name.

7. Apache: different access for different IP's

8. Parlez Vous Exceed

9. IP Masq'd Workstation to connect to IP Masq'd Workstation

10. (?) Why different 'colors' on different logins?

11. It's not bad canned meat...

12. ping -g 'gateway-IP' 'host-IP' DOESN'T work!