arg? eating memory in bash!

Post by Emarit Ra » Sat, 15 Oct 1994 14:25:14

        So I find this new key sequence, [alt]-[some numbers] and find it
        will print that many characters after I type one.
        Well, since then all of my login shells of this user's have been
        EATING memory.  EVEN after a hard reboot!  So my questions are:

        What does this key sequence do?
        How do I repair things so my memory is available again?

        kernel: 1.1.0
        shell: bash
--

        KG0CQ    _._  __.  _____  _._.  __._

arg? eating memory in bash!

Post by Emarit Ra » Sat, 15 Oct 1994 14:46:34

:       So I find this new key sequence, [alt]-[some numbers] and find it
:       will print that many characters after I type one.
:       Well, since then all of my login shells of this user's have been
:       EATING memory.  EVEN after a hard reboot!  So my questions are:

        forget the memory problem, bash was putting 1 meg of history file
        into memory because of all the characters it printed out with
        the alt key sequence.

:       What does this key sequence do?

        I still want to know what this does though.  It says
        "(arg: [number])" but I have no idea what it does.

:       How do I repair things so my memory is available again?

:       kernel: 1.1.0
:       shell: bash v 1.21.1

--

        KG0CQ    _._  __.  _____  _._.  __._

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. HELP!!

3. bug: v7-derived `sh -c' eats an arg

4. Simple makefile question

5. invoking ld(1) with -z ld32=arg when arg takes a comma

6. Swapsize = RAM required?

7. Arg passing to alias in BASH

8. Installing on older 486 system

9. Cygwin:Bash: Preserve '\' in cmdline arg to pass to subshell?

10. bash: splitting up arg in loop

11. Arg. Bash.