SCSI NCR53c7 found/not found

Post by peter ree » Sun, 29 Jan 1995 18:54:08

I have an IDE drive and a SCSI drive - both are found by
the Transam SCSI boot/color root initialization disk. Setup
reads/write from the IDE and SCSI just fine. However when I
boot from the boot disk made during the setup process - no
SCSI is found. I tried recompiling the kernal, using SCSI
for the generic NCR53xx in make config, then created a
new boot with make zdisk. The new boot works, finds /dev/hdax
but... still reports 0 SCSIs, so there is no way to mount /dev/sdax.

Any help would be much appreciated! (I really like to use my
SCSI devices from Linux!)

Thanks in advance!
--Peter